Clear all

Practicing.

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@chlozo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Tomorrow, as nothing much is happening, I'm going to practice my guitar for most of the day. What do you think I could achieve in over 6 hours worth and more of playing? I still need to learn chords, change quickly.. and stuff like that. I'm going to learn the chords for Green Day - American Idiot, as it looks like a relativly easy song to play. As I am on school holidays this week.. I could practice loads in this week. On Friday it's my brothers 16th birthday. I want to play a bit of American Idiot by then for people. Could that be possible? I have a good memory, and when I know how to do something I can do it everytime. I'm really happy, I can form the G chord without looking!! :D

Hope You've all had a good christmas - mines been awesome

Billie-Joe Armstrong is HOT! He's my future husband. Ha ;)

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Merry Christmas Chlozo! I think you could definately pull off learning "American Idiot" by Friday. My son, who's 10, picked up Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" in just a couple of days & played it for his friends in music class a couple of months ago. I don't think you should have much touble, just break the song down into verses & chorus, and practice your chord changes until you can do it without thinking. :) Congrats on that G chord too! :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Yeah, learning a song like that in one day is pretty feasible if you can already form chords....like that G, for example. :D Have fun, good luck

M

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"What do you think I could achieve in over 6 hours worth and more of playing?"

Sore fingers for a start....

Seriously, if you're not used to playing for long periods, don't overdo it...take a break every now and then....but if you're feeling confident, go for it...

Good luck, and let us know how you get on....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member

yeah don't burn yourself out keep it fun ,i know when i have learned something new it seems to come in little bits and i can weeks before i break thorough... hang tough

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote