Progress

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well, I REALLY don't like to toot my own horn but:
1) Played at party Saturday (with a friend), didn't know the song but saw my friend play the chords (for the verse) and picked it up right away. (I just stopped playing for the chorus). I don't even remember the name of the song?

2) couldn't get my tuner to turn on so I decided to "Tune by Ear" for the first time ever and checked when the tuner finally powered up and I was pretty darn close.

I must be learning something!

Bob Jessie

(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member

Congrats on the progress, that feeling is why we all play :)

On a side note, this should probably be in guitar player's discussion instead of beginner Q&A.

Keep it up.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Congrats!
Write that down somewhere for your own diary. When you look back on it a few months from now you'll be able to see the progress you've made. What chords were you playing for the verses of the song?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Congrats on the progress, that feeling is why we all play :)
On a side note, this should probably be in guitar player's discussion instead of beginner Q&A.
Keep it up.

Agreed! That was the plan but I messed up somewhere!

BJ

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Congrats!
What chords were you playing for the verses of the song?

It was simple, E to A to D to A and back again. Changed were a little quick no too bad. And, I'm a lefty and he's a righty
but I'm picky that up better also.
BJ

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats!

I guess it is a kind of inflection point in your playing. I'd like to know why this things happens. I mean, probably you didn't learn anything new the last week but a day you are able to do that.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, Bob! I love little moments like that. Well, at least I think I would. :lol: :lol:

So, I guess this means that you can hop your way into about any Blues jam now, eh?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So, I guess this means that you can hop your way into about any Blues jam now, eh?

No, this is something I REALLY need to work on. I need to change the way I practice, I only practice playing songs and that's not going to cut it anymore.

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I am so much in the same boat. I've been working on scales (leads and solos) and the Blues You Can Use book lately. I've done almost nothing but strum songs for a year.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote