5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
 STX
(@stx)
Topic starter  

Hello there :)

well i will buy my first guitar this week and i have some questions

1_ what is metronome ? its a machine ?programme? what its used for?

2_ i saw some videos from youtupe.com that some people have a songs without the guitar sound so they play the guitar with the song ? how they mute the guitar sound from the song

3_ when to tune your guitar i mean like daily or every week ? lets say i was playing guitar then i take a rest for 10 to 30 min do i need to tune the guitar again ?

last thing is what this effect call from the song "Fade to black" Metallica intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EFhdpwILSc&search=fade%20to%20black

thanks for your time i appreciate it

(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.
A metronome is a device that gives a steady (but adjustable) audible beat. The idea is to use that beat to practice or record with accurate timing. Accurate and precise timing is necessary for synchronising if you want to do multi track recordings. It's also useful for gradually increasing your playing speed, by gradually increasing the click speed of the metronome.

A metronome can be an old fashioned mechanical device, a small electronic metronome or a software metronome. You can use a software metronome at http://www.wholenote.com

Tuning - You tune the guitar whenever it goes out of tune. And you check the tuning by ear every time you play. Does it sound fine? then leave it, otherwise, tune it.

I couldn't quite understand the other questions, so I'll leave them to others.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Hello there :)

well i will buy my first guitar this week and i have some questions

1_ what is metronome ? its a machine ?programme? what its used for?
A metronome is something that will click with a regular interval, to give you a steady beat to help you keep in time. Like the way a clock will tick once a second, only a metronome will be an adjustable speed. There are mechanical, electronicand software metronomes, so whichever works best for you.
2_ i saw some videos from youtupe.com that some people have a songs without the guitar sound so they play the guitar with the song ? how they mute the guitar sound from the song
Probably a backing track recorded specifically for that purpose, there are a few sites out there with collections.
3_ when to tune your guitar i mean like daily or every week ? lets say i was playing guitar then i take a rest for 10 to 30 min do i need to tune the guitar again ?
Whenever it needs it. Check the tuning regularly and if it's not right, tune it. You'll know if it's out of tune just by playing soon enough.
ast thing is what this effect call from the song "Fade to black" Metallica intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EFhdpwILSc&search=fade%20to%20black

thanks for your time i appreciate itWhich effect? I've only got tinny speakers here (at work), but it sounds like just an acoustic guitar (or an electric with no distortion) playing the backing and the guy using distortion for the lead guitar.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 STX
(@stx)
Topic starter  

Thanks Fretsource , ChordsAndScales.co.uk for your helpful replays :)

Probably a backing track recorded specifically for that purpose, there are a few sites out there with collections.

if you can give me any site with backing track records would be great :D

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

http://www.guitarbt.com

ReplyQuote