Notifications
Clear all

rattle

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@fooj7)
Topic starter  

ok so on my acoustic guitar i hear some rattleing when i play my d string and ive had fret buzz before so i know what that sounds like. But it doeznt sound like frett buzz and it happens on both of my electrics too and it isnt as much of a buzz as a ratle so i was wondering if it could just be my strings wich are almost 1 1/2 years old because when i recently got my electric set up The guy who set it up said that it was normal for an electric guitar to have some buzz as long as you dont hear it through the amp. So could it just be my old strings.

Stagg Acoustic
Fender MIM Telecaster
Samick IC10
Marshall MG 10 CD & MG 15 CDR

(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Try changing the strings and see if that makes a differance

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,
it happens on both of my electrics too and it isnt as much of a buzz as a ratle

Weird that you apparently get the same rattle on three different guitars. :? I can thing of lots of ways that you could get a rattle, but the only one that I can think of that might go across 3 different guitars is that if your hand position for that string is leading to a button on your shirt cuff rattling against the bridge. But that's stretching the Sherlcok Holmes act a bit.

Does it hum as well? If so, that can be hard to fix. If you've got both rattle and hum, then it's a case of U2 syndrome which can be very tough to cure.... :|

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

maybe the tuner knobs or posts are vibrating. sometimes the nut is loose; sometimes an electronic part is loose.
I have heard of frets rattling, also a broken truss rod. most times it is a string vibrating against the nut or fret when it is strummed or pluck hard.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote