Notifications
Clear all

Re-Stringing Questions

34 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Gnease...noticed you've got a mando. So, okay, I've had a hankerin' to get one after all this time.

Any ideas???

Cat

they are pretty easy to pick up as a flavoring instrument, esp if you trem pick well - though that style is a bit cliche these days. I've noticed the really good bluegrass players seem to avoid too much trem picking in their solos. David (dhodge) gave me this one, which is a starter A style and works well for as much as I use it. but I will admit that I have been awfully tempted by the Godin mando that's been hanging forever in the local shop. eyes ahead, and keep walking, Greg ...

should add: David very much likes the Michael Kelly mando he has. believe it's an F style.

the late, great Jethro Burns used to haunt Guitar Works in Evanston, IL. used to see him there when I lived out that way many years ago. I guess it's possible he still haunts GW :wink:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I'm taking a break from working on my soon-to-be-refinished lapsteel. :D

putting tuners, strings and a pup on a board is easy. making is look decent is not.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've learned that!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Thanx, Gnease. So...okay...I'm gonna "birthday treat" myself when Pices rolls around.

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3