Clear all

Recording and playing on a PC

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@drpool)
Eminent Member

Newbee,
Open Audacity go to "edit/Audio I/O" and put a tick in the box "Play other tracks while recording a new one"
Keith

I've asked this question on many forums and never seen this answer, I'll be trying this soon. Also, I just scored this for connecting via usb. So far, it's proven to be pretty helpful and the price is certainly right. It also has a load of plugins that allow the user to shape most any tone they are looking for. I wouldn't call it 'high-end' but certainly a workable option for 1st time home recorders like myself.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-JamLab-Personal-Guitar-System?sku=241104

UPDATE:

Okay, I just about got it except for the fact that Audacity is not receiving the signal coming from the Jam Lab. I wasn't able to find the 'line in' anywhere in Audacity to select an option. I can hear my guitar along with the mp3 but it's completely dry with no effects from plugins. Any recommendations?

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

maybe your "windows settings" need to be tweaked?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@tuckatangent)
Eminent Member

what kind of microphone do you recommend for the pc? I'm looking for something really basic, as I've just gotten good enough to want to hear myself. I've heard Behringer's good, but any others? I think this one might be good, but I don't want to drop $75 on something without being sure it works. I'm thinking $20 to $50 to start with.

ReplyQuote
(@globetro)
Estimable Member

Newbee,
Open Audacity go to "edit/Audio I/O" and put a tick in the box "Play other tracks while recording a new one"
Keith

I've asked this question on many forums and never seen this answer, I'll be trying this soon. Also, I just scored this for connecting via usb. So far, it's proven to be pretty helpful and the price is certainly right. It also has a load of plugins that allow the user to shape most any tone they are looking for. I wouldn't call it 'high-end' but certainly a workable option for 1st time home recorders like myself.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-JamLab-Personal-Guitar-System?sku=241104

UPDATE:

Okay, I just about got it except for the fact that Audacity is not receiving the signal coming from the Jam Lab. I wasn't able to find the 'line in' anywhere in Audacity to select an option. I can hear my guitar along with the mp3 but it's completely dry with no effects from plugins. Any recommendations?

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Audio I/O. You can select your input source in there.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2