Clear all

Reliable sites for Tablature?

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@blackenedanger)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'm needing some good websites for tabs.

I'm kinda short on cash right now and I'm wanting to learn more songs, but I can't seem to find any good sites with readable/reliable tab.

"Into ruin, I am sinking, hostage of this nameless feeling!" - MetallicA

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Powertabs.net has a lot of accurate tabs, viewable with the free Powertab editor.

ReplyQuote
(@blazedphool)
Trusted Member

i alos like ultimate-guitar.com alot of their tabs are unreliabel, but if you just pay attention to the ratings and how many starts each tab gets you can usually find a good one easy....they also have a "top 100 tabs" list....thats always useful when u cant think of a song you wanna play...

" We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." - Willy Wonka

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

You will not find a better archive then http://www.mysongbook.com

Download GP4 and get to it. I still cannot fathom why pople would be printing out hand created tabs when Guitar Pro has the best library Ive ever seen, not to mention all the control you have over the track while learning. Sure its a demo, but it only prompts you to buy the program after the trial expires and allows you to continue regardless.

Kido

ReplyQuote
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member

http://www.mxtabs.net

be good at what you can do-

ReplyQuote
 bltc
(@bltc)
Trusted Member

guitartabs.cc is pretty good too. It's a little unorganized but they have alot of stuff.

I agree with kido that mysongbook is very useful and you should definately get a hold of Guitar Pro.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

u can keep guitar pro after the trial wears out anyways.

basically, get the guitar pro, and power tab, and then your generally set. if one doesn't have it, hopefully the other does.

guitar pro is a much better program, but power tab is good too. Generally more accurate tabs on power tab, but guitar pro has its genious works too.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@warkthogus)
Eminent Member

tabsolutely and taborama are a couple of my favorites

"You were born an original, don't die a copy"

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I use ultimate-guitar regularly, but you definitely have to keep that "only the author's interpretation" in mind.

I guess I just accept the fact that tabs aren't generally going to be perfect, but they'll usually get me headed the right direction. I wasn't as impressed with guitarpro as some, but it works.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote