Skip to content
Should I have stuck...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I have stuck to my plastic rock band guitar?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@scooter825)
Topic starter  

Drummer for 25 plus years here. Passionate about drums, but have some noise restrictions right now. Learning keys/piano to hold me over, but I'm passionate about that too. And when I say passionate about these two instruments, it means a lot of pain and frustration because I want to get better and better everyday and am very unforgiving when it comes to mistakes or not enough practice time.

The guitar, however, is an escape mechanism for me. Just picked up my first axe, and am having a blast because don't really care how I make out on it. Last night I was just strumming and giggling at the tremendously wonderful noise that I was making. Hopefully will learn enough to play a couple tunes, but going to try and hold on to the "fun" factor for as long as possible.

Hope a drumbum is welcome here, and if so maybe someone could get me out of my first bind. I'm trying to play some of these beginner chords and my fingers just don't seem to go that way. Seems hard to imagine, since I have a high level of dexterity due to other musical pursuits. Tips for overcoming chords that are bending my fingers into unthinkable positions? Maybe my pudgy little stick handlers have no hope? Also please give me a rock song that I can play with no skill and no training. The simpler and more obnoxious the better.