Skip to content
Shouldn't I start w...

Notifications
Clear all

Shouldn't I start with electric if its what I want to play?

37 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
 Iggy
(@iggy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. My dad is afraid that I won't stick with it, but I know otherwise. All of the songs that he knows ho to play I also know (not really songs, but Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, Mary Had A Little Lamb, and I know the James Bond Song). He gave up trying the guitar ant the same time I did when I was in 2/3 grade. My mom thinks I should get an electric and I think she's almost convinced my dad. I do like songs with acoustic guitar (Tantric alot), but I LOVE songs with electic. Maybe after a little while I will try acoustic, too.

Brad

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Iggy wrote: My mom thinks I should get an electric and I think she's almost convinced my dad
:D A mom on a mission can be a mighty thing........

Let us know what you get, Iggy!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

whatever happens, don't forget the lessons. They will keep you going....

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

My mom thinks I should get an electric and I think she's almost convinced my dad.

LOL.. Um ya... Pretty sure you'll get the electric if that is the case. Good luck and when you do get it... prove him wrong about quitting or you may never live it down :shock: .

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Iggy
(@iggy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well, my dad must have totally changed his mind. My birthday was yesterday and I got the Schecter, along with a nice hard case. With my own money I bought (the salesman convinced me and my dad) a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp (my friend wants me to be in his band once I learn, so might as well get a good enough one now) and strap, cord, extra strings and stuff. This amp is so cool. I've been trying out all of the effects and presets, it even has a built in tuner! I can't wait for my first lesson this Saturday.

Brad

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Woot congrats. Pics, Pics, Pics... I love my Schecter. I imagine you will too. Good luck with it

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

congratulations. I've heard nothing but good things about Schechter and every time I've seen one in a store they look really cool! So have fun and prove your Dad wrong!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3