Notifications
Clear all

Silly me !

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@moonpie)
Topic starter  

i was just sitting on my couch handling my guitar, and not knowing any of the chords or notes whatsoever, i was just moving my fingers into different areas of the fret board - good thing i didnt have the speaker plugged in - and was just practicing moving my fingers around the board and on the different strings. Is this appropriate to do?

Moonpie

(@boxboy)
Noble Member

and was just practicing moving my fingers around the board and on the different strings. Is this appropriate to do?

Sure. It's basically what a guitar player of any level of skill is doing when they practice. :wink:
Never too early to think about that other hand (the one that strikes the strings) though.
Enjoy. :)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Is this appropriate to do?

Why not? There are no rules!

Just have fun. 8)

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@moonpie)
Topic starter  

and was just practicing moving my fingers around the board and on the different strings. Is this appropriate to do?

Sure. It's basically what a guitar player of any level of skill is doing when they practice. :wink:
Never too early to think about that other hand (the one that strikes the strings) though.
Enjoy. :)

Thanks, then i guess im doing alright !! LOL

Moonpie

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Its' the only way I practise with the wife about

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

Is this appropriate to do?

Why not? There are no rules!

Just have fun. 8)

just keep doing that til it starts to feel natural...

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Sometimes I come up with really cool progressions that way!

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I sometimes practise playing electric guitar or bass - unplugged - while watching telly. Your fingers can take you to some surprising places while your mind is elsewhere.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Keep it up. You never know when a great riff or chord progression is going to jump out of your fingertips! :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote