Clear all

Simple duet songs

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@lue42)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I know this question has been asked many times before, but I though I would try again with my specific "wants".

Both my father and I have been learning guitar for a few months now. I am making somewhat decent progress and prefer lead/picking. I am still very beginner, but I definitely prefer it over strumming/rhythm.

My father has had less time to practice and prefers simple strumming.

I am gong to visit him at the end of May and would like to learn a couple of songs that we can try to play together. I would like to try out some lead, and have him be able to play simple (basic) chord changes/strumming. I guess I would like to try to show off a little too :)

One of my favorite songs like this is "hey joe"... but... he hates the song. Mostly due to the lyrics I guess (killing his wife?)... even if we just play instrumental, he doesn't like it. He is stubborn. I am still going to get him to try it.

So, can anyone help me name a few songs that fits this? I would like to present him with a simple chord listing, and strumming pattern, have him play it and kind of fill in the lead/solo stuff. It will take a lot of work on my part, but I think I have enough time (and motivation) to get a couple of songs down.

I also like to practice fingerpicking as well, so if there are any that I can fingerpick where he can strum along, that would be great too.

Thank you everyone!

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Well, Joe's wife shouldn't have been messin' round with another man! That ain't too cool. :D

A few that come to mind would be....

Knockin' on Heaven's Door - G D Am G D C, wash, rinse, repeat
Nutshell (Alice in Chains) - Em G D Cadd9 Em (x3) Em G D Cadd9 Cmaj7 Cadd9 Cmaj7 Em (x1)
Red House - Blues shuffle in B (B E F#)

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Well, Joe's wife shouldn't have been messin' round with another man! That ain't too cool. :D

Damn straight! :lol: Wait a minute, how'd you know?

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote