Skip to content
Simple transcribing...

Notifications
Clear all

Simple transcribing question...I assume.

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

What chord is Jimi playing here at 00:35 seconds?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_BO9InRlYCo

Love the sound of the chord, the way it's strummed...sounds very relaxing, and I feel like it's something I could work with for a song, or something. Just a very nice sounding chord.

It's probably an E chord or something, but I don't know, it sounds like one of his different style chords.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to transcribe that song and have the entire first 15 seconds (wahooo) from the studio version, but the studio version doesn't have that chord and I'd like to put it in there sometime or another.

Thanks a lot! :)

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

sounds like a major 7th

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

Maybe I haven't woken up enough yet, but I couldn't hear any major 7th in that chord, just E major. It's at 00:36, right? 00:35 is just drums. I hope we're talking about the same thing.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Just wanted to say that I had never heard that recording of Jimi and that it's absolutely amazing!! Wow...

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Maybe I haven't woken up enough yet, but I couldn't hear any major 7th in that chord, just E major. It's at 00:36, right? 00:35 is just drums. I hope we're talking about the same thing.
Yes at :36, sorry...a regular E major? Jeez...I wish I could make my E major chords sound like that, lol. When I heard that chord I was just like....wow...that sounds nice.

And yes it is AK. :) http://youtube.com/profile?user=TheEarthBlues That's my youtube channel check out my favorites and videos I've uploaded for some more. ;)

And thanks for the help, if anyone thinks it's something other than an E major let me know :)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I wish I could make my E major chords sound like that, lol. When I heard that chord I was just like....wow...that sounds nice.
Which leads into those special effects devices that give you some awesome sounds.
I've been looking at the Line 6 Pod products that make your guitar go from purring to growling.
Anybody had any experience with these?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thanks for the link Kevin. I'll definitely check your channel out.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I wish I could make my E major chords sound like that, lol. When I heard that chord I was just like....wow...that sounds nice.
Which leads into those special effects devices that give you some awesome sounds.
I've been looking at the Line 6 Pod products that make your guitar go from purring to growling.
Anybody had any experience with these?
Yea of course. The univibe helps give that e chord that sound.

My friend has a Line 6 Pod and it's great.

ReplyQuote