Skip to content
some help locating ...

Notifications
Clear all

some help locating guitar chords please...

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@brandnewbie)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,
I am an extremely amateur guitarist, and i work with a child with Down's syndrome who loves The Wiggles. His favorite song is "The Crocodile Hunter" from their album "Wiggly Safari", and i would love to learn it for him. I tried to purchase it through The Wiggles, with no luck, and have spent hours on google trying to find the chords. I was hoping one of you amazingly talented people who can listen to a song and work out the chords might be able to help me...? Any help would be very much appreciated by a special little boy. Thanks! :D

(@davidhodge)

Hi and welcome to Guitar Noise.

Never heard the song before so I found it on YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHo8pRBwZss ) - at least I hope it's the right one. Very straightforward chords. I-IV-V through the choruses and IV-I-IV-V of V - V in the verses section. This particular recording is in the key of C, so the chords are:

C (four beats) F (two beats) G (two beats) - this repeats two additional lines and then stops on C

The second section goes like this

F (eight beats) C (eight beats) F (eight beats) D7 (four beats) G or G7 (four beats)

And then it's back to the chorus.

Hope this helps. And hope your young audience loves it!

By the bye, figuring this out by ear isn't all that hard - we've got some good articles hear on how to do it. Look for the column entitled "Happy New Ear" to get you started.

Looking forward to seeing you around on the forum.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@brandnewbie)
Topic starter  

Dear DHodge,
Cannot thank you enough for your help! Can't believe that you took the time to search for the song, and am amazed that you can just listen to it and know the chords, you rock! I'm so very appreciative, and you have brought immeasurable joy into a special little boy's life.
With gratitude,
~Renee~

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Hi again, Renee

Glad to have helped, but I can't stress enough that it's a skill that you, too, can learn and develop with practice. And, as mentioned, we've a number of articles here at Guitar Noise that can help get you started if you're so inclined. In fact, I'm thinking it might be a great subject for Podcast series once that gets up and going again (hopefully soon).

Be seeing you around on the Forums.

Peace

ReplyQuote