Clear all

Some REAL Beginner Advice!!!!

26 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@phillyblues)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

...as I learned the hard way last night...NEVER PLAY GUITAR AFTER EATING PEANUT BRITTLE :shock:

Since I've gotten so much great advise from this forum in the short time that I've been playing, I thought I would share my own little revalation.

Feel free to post any of your own "non-traditional" learning experiences.

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Sticky Fingers worked for the Stones.
my peeve is with the guy that placed a cup of beer on top my amp.
he won't ever do that again.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@southpaw_pete)
Eminent Member

Don't play electric guitar in the bath.

Trust me!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Sticky Fingers worked for the Stones.
my peeve is with the guy that placed a cup of beer on top my amp.
he won't ever do that again.
That is a big one here at our house. You are allowed to place your own beer on your own amp, but not on someone elses amp. NEVER! And for what it's worth, I don't even put my own beer on my amp. My son on the other hand has been known to set his beer on his bass combo. :?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

If your friend ask you to borrow your beautiful classic guitar and is a REAL beginner that knows nothing about guitar, make sure to tell him that calorifer is not a good guitar stand

That happened to my friend... His guitar come back with no string... His friend told him that suddenly, all the strings broke at the same time and the neck was no more in a normal angle :shock:

And it was a very good classic guitar!

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Down here we call those things "radiators." "Calorifier" is a good name for it. Haven't seen one in use since I was a teenager. Coal furnaces went out of fashion.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Rune
(@rune)
Trusted Member

Radiators indeed. Had those in our house too when I was young. We had a furnace, but it burned fuel oil, not coal.

It's a dry heat!

ReplyQuote
(@bmancv-60)
Estimable Member

Yup, radiators. Many burns before Ma decided to cover those things... :lol:

"...I don't know - but whasomever I do, its gots ta be FUNKY!"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well isn't the solution real simple? if you're keeping a guitar in a room in which there's a heat souce, keep the guitar as far away as possible from said heat souce. (Sticks two, or is that four, fingers up in Vulcan Salute - Logical, Jim!!!!!!)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@yournightmare)
Estimable Member

Yup, radiators. Many burns before Ma decided to cover those things... :lol:Man, you're slow! It only took me one blistering burn to learn my lesson!

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Down here we call those things "radiators." "Calorifier" is a good name for it. Haven't seen one in use since I was a teenager. Coal furnaces went out of fashion.

In French we say "calorifère" and I found some picture on google while typing Calorifer so I tought it was the right word, but I take note of that, radiators :wink:

We dont' have enough of these around here, but he was in an old student residence so they still with that kind of thing.

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Trust me!

see, that just sums up why I could never fully understand 'surf music' :roll:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Wow clau20, I'm just south of the border and a little bit west of you but I've never heard the term calorifer before. I think thats just the french name for it. :? We have alot of people with french last names around here so we are at least good at pronouncing them. :lol: Can't say I speak much french though but I did have an aunt from French Canada. She passed a long time ago though. I was shocked one time when we were at a baseball game in Montreal and an employee there spoke to us in french. My son said, what did he say? I said, oh, that bathroom is closed. Then I did a double take and tried to figure out how I understood that. :lol: High school french must have been more useful than I thought. I wouldn't expect to understand much more than that though. I'm not that smart. :roll: Bilingual people amaze the heck out of me.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

my house was built in 1914. I still heat with radiators. I like the not having forced air. my radiators are low pressure. no clanking and hissing.
Frigidaire...how did that become a universal for refrigerator? my Italian grandmother till her dying day called all refrigerators 'figidares'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Trust me!

Has no rockstar EVER made a video of playing electric guitar in the bath ?

Besides, some other real begineer advice. Never leave your guitar in the car's trunk when it is extremely hot.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2