Clear all

Something I noticed about "personal interpretation"

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, he's got 3 guitars in there... the 12 string rhythm, the lead and of course bass. All guitars are capoed at fret 2, so the sheet says. My teacher was showing me the solo portion, and I can play part of it along with the recording. The solo is not hard, I just have to practice it a lot more. But unless and until I can learn to play a melody/lead over the rhythm chords, it's going to sound stupid to stop playing the rhythm and switch to the solo. So I'll play rhythm with the recording. :|

This is what comes up for Sundown @ musicnotes.com

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

For example, staying with Sundown :roll: This guy is fantastic, and I could only imagine being as good as him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU707HyFEC0
That's a good example of making a great song still sound great.

But this is a horrible "interpretation" of a great song. I hope John Fogerty sues the snot out of GE. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPUIFcBjGO0

+1 on Sundown, -1 on Fogerty song...

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

+1 on Sundown, -1 on Fogerty song...

:lol: That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Yea, my opinion means very little, yet it's still an opinion, nevertheless.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2