Notifications
Clear all

Something stupid

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@petesdad)
Topic starter  

I know this is a really stupid question, but I never let that stop me. The little bag of silica gel that comes in the body of an acoustic, leave it in or take it out? Or, as I suspect, it makes no difference one way or the other.

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I believe it is there to suck tiny bits of water that might come in to the little bag.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I'd toss it.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yes, toss it! In the winter (coming soon in the Northern Hemisphere) with the heat going, you're going to want a humidifier in there, not something to remove moisture!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@petesdad)
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone. That's pretty much what I thought

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

I know this is a really stupid question, but I never let that stop me.

Too bad there are so many people who do let it stop them. Get a stupid question wrong, you do a stupid thing.

By the way, I asked the same stupid question myself a long time ago.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@petesdad)
Topic starter  

I guess I'm just the type who worries about this type of thing. You know you have two options, you choose one, and then worry that you should be doing the other! At least I now know where to come for some good advice

ReplyQuote
(@thepoliteone)

I've seen in my experience that for every person who asks a 'stupid' question, there's 10 others who wanted to ask but felt silly in asking.

Nothing wrong with asking questions in my opinion. Lots wrong in sitting there being afraid to ask though.

BTW, welcome to the forums! Nice to see another Londoner in here :)

-TPO.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
-- Mark Twain

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

It's been said, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Completely off subject..... but not really.......

I used to hang out in this one NG on Usenet (I don't anymore), when I was first getting back into guitar. One thing that I did (and occasionally still do) while practicing I figured was probably not a good thing to be doing so I didn't want to mention it in the group, mostly because I didn't want them thinking "stupid woman!". Until someone else (a man) spoke up and said that he did it, too, then a few others grudgingly admitted that they, too, had been known to do it. So, I finally 'fessed up', realizing that there's probably thousands of us doing it who just won't admit to it because of the "stupidity" or "narcissistic" factor. I'm talking about practicing in front of a mirror, btw. Since then, if I have a question or a comment I really don't worry about whether or not someone will think it's "stupid", because for every one that does think it's "stupid", there's going to be at least one that will get something out of it, or has been wanting to ask the same thing but just wouldn't.

I guess the moral to my story is......... ASK and COMMENT! Nobody will think less of you, and, if they do, it's their problem, not yours.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote