Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own Strumming

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o8KVrXJnG9g

What strumming pattern is the Edge doing here? I follow along with D DU U DU and it sounds fine, but his hand is strumming a alot faster than that, it seems.

Thanks!

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Looks to me like he's arpeggiating. Which is actually strumming the notes that make up the chord singley.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I think Bono is picking some random stuff and the Edge (on acoustic) is doing arpeggios at the beginning. It seems like by the first chorus (about 1:30 or so in) the Edge is strumming?

Hmm..

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

I watched the video but unfortunately I do not have audio since I'm writing from the job :D ! Anyway it seems that he's arpeggiating either straight eight notes or single notes played in a d/du/u/du fashion. By the way when he strums it seems he's using a D/du/u/du pattern, so the song should be based on eight notes.

Anyway if it's so just chose a picking pattern like this and see if it works for you

p,i,m,i,a,m,i,m

or also

p,i,m,i,p,i,m,i

play all notes of the same lenght

Cheers

Matteo

ReplyQuote