Clear all

Song suggestions

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@aaronj)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am what I would consider better than "beginner" level but maybe not quite "intermediate" (been playing guitar for a year) and my father-in-law is a beginner for sure...

Anyways, I am taking lessons and fill most of my playing time with drills, scales, etc and I would like to jam with my father-in-law by learing songs together. (free of all technique oriented practice! aka more fun).

So I guess the question is what are some fairly easy songs that we could learn that have 2 guitar parts.

Sorry if I am rambling, I am at work and typing fast so I can get back to work :x

Get Spotted Now!
www.InstantSpot.com

AJLCOM

(@aaronj)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

oh, some kind of classic rock tune would probably fit the best for both of our tastes if possible.

Get Spotted Now!
www.InstantSpot.com

AJLCOM

ReplyQuote
(@ebuchednezzar)
Trusted Member

Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" comes to mind. The rhythm is as simple or as complex as you want to make it, and the chords are all open. Lead is more difficult to make it sound good, but manageable if you've been playing even a short while and are willing to practice. Sounds like you could make it work in your situation.

"There's no easy ways man," he said. "You gotta learn the hard parts for yourself."

ReplyQuote
(@aaronj)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Cool, I will look up the tab for that song tonight. thanks! The simple rhythm is good since the father-in-law isn't too keen on practicing on his own.

I, on the other hand, for some reason have been very dedicated to practicing for the past year. Something I found impossible to do when I was younger and taking bass guitar lessons.

Get Spotted Now!
www.InstantSpot.com

AJLCOM

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Also check the Beginner's section in the Lessons here at this site.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

So I guess the question is what are some fairly easy songs that we could learn that have 2 guitar parts.

How about "Wish you were here"? There are two lessons on this site, one for the rhythm/bass runs and one for the solo, and both together would really make for a good two guitar song, I think.

(The solo lesson is labled intermediate, but I could do it with some work.)

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Take a look through the easy song database section of this forum and you will find quite a few to work on.

ReplyQuote