Clear all

songs with two guitars

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@brian-f)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Have found a buddy that plays guitar as well and we have gotten together once already. basically just screwing around with my new amp, trying each others guitars, etc. He is quite a bit more advanced than i am, hes been playing for years, has a music background from band and stuff in high school, and he played bass in bands thorughout high school as well. I am a true beginner with only a few months under my belt. We both have acoustics and electrics, but I'm not that comfortable with the electric yet. I can play most open chords and can switch pretty good, play a few songs.

My question is if anyone has some good songs, recent, older, rock, whatever, that have two guitar parts, maybe a rythm and a lead part, that would be fairly easy to play. I would need easy and he would need moderately easy to intermediate stuff. I think this would be a blast and would help me, and him too, to get better.

Any ideas? thanks

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have a couple of ideas.
One i did with my teacher, Scarborough Fair,
3/4 time, I play a Bass, strum, strum pattern while he played the melody.
Similar to that I played Amazing Grace with a friend, i played the same pattern as above while he played melody on his fiddle (that was way cool)
My brother in law and I play together sometimes and just take it as it comes.
One I have been working on recently that really needs 2 guitars is Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce but that one is a little bit more dificult.

ReplyQuote
(@jbrownstein)
Trusted Member

Anything by the Eagles has lots of guitar room for two instruments, especially combination of acoustic and electric guitar.

Try Take it Easy.

The unexamined life is unworth living - Aristotle

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

You can also try stuff like just jamming. You make up a chord progression, he improv's over it, or vice versa. Or, you could do the 12 bar blues and he solos over it/vice versa.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Anything by the Eagles has lots of guitar room for two instruments, especially combination of acoustic and electric guitar.

Try Take it Easy.

i agree. my first campfire jam with a buddy was "Take it easy" there were several others but that night is mostly a blur of beer and some potent "combustables" besides it was back in 75' and one of the few partial memories i have of that decade

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

anything by the beatles

most of them are chord songs, but they have same songs with single note sections in it

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

All the easy to intermediate songs here at GN will work well with two guitars. Most songs, you can make as easy or as complex as you like.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

You can also try stuff like just jamming. You make up a chord progression, he improv's over it, or vice versa. Or, you could do the 12 bar blues and he solos over it/vice versa.

I second that ^.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

"Put your lights on" Everlast and Carlos Santana (someone plays chords and sings, the other person plays lead), it's not the toughest lead but it's not easy either.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Stevo reminded me of a duet I played with my daughter.
Black Magic Woman. She played the backing rhythm on her keyboard but it is not real hard to play that part on guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@ulose0)

tesla has many good songs. i love them

ReplyQuote