Notifications
Clear all

Soundcard Guitar Help

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@gracie)
Topic starter  

I am new to trying to get my guitar to work with my soundcard. I have a Creative XFI Souncard which is superb, I have a Seagull S6+CwQuantum Electric Accoustic. I have tried for 9 hrs to get it to work with my souncard and nothing. I really have no clue and it would be really nice if someone could be so kind as to help me. I have bought an adapter for my souncard that connects the guitar cable to it but no matter what i do i can't get it to work. Anyones help would be sincerely appreciated
Happy new year to all

Gracie
[email protected]

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I just record mine acoustically through a desktop computer mic. Works pretty well.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 MCH
(@mch)
Trusted Member

First I think you'll need a pre-amp (Direct Input box) between guitar and soundcard. Or a small soundmixer like Berhinger UB802 (this is what I use). You won't get enough voltage input with your guitar directly plugged in. The DI box or Mixer has to be plugged into the Line In on your soundcard (not microphone in). In the software recording program you need to select your input source; ie Line In from Soundblaster.
This should get you going.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Once you get past the Guitar to PC connection, you should be able to hear your guitar directly through your sound card.

After that task is completed you should be able to use any music recording software package available to record. If you have no software now, you can download a free version of Audacity and with its add on for lame you can export your recordings to MP3's.

Good luck and have fun.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote