Clear all

Squier or Gretsch/

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I waz just wondering wats more worth buying:Squier(any model)or a Grestch G5225 Junior Jet II(the cheapest Gretsch on the market,£200 pounds, made in USA!)

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

1) No point in asking, how can you compare a tele, double fat strat and that gretsch?

2) 'Made in USA' means nothing. Mexicans, Koreans and Chinese people aren't inferior, nor are Americans some kind of superrace. The materials used, attention paid during the crafting and the final QA decide if it is good or not.

3) Why only include these two brands?

4) What do you want to do with the guitar?

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Firstly, these 2 brannds because i like teles(but cant offord a fender)and gretsch because its good and i LOVE it. :wink: .I cant afford anything really whick costs more than 200£

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Ok, the things below are my opinion, so take them with a truckload of salt:

Squier makes really nice teles, no matter what others might say. For 200GBP you could find a standard tele, or even a used MIM Fender. Yamaha and Dean also make relatively affordable telecasters, you might want to check those out as well. Somewhat a bit different, but very interesting, is the new squier '51, more or less a mix between a strat, tele and '51 bassguitar. Cheap, looks awesome, and can be great fun.

I haven't played that Gretsch ever, so can't comment on it.

ReplyQuote