19 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

My guess is that he was excellent.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well, here is the report. But first, I have to say again the comments are really appreciated. I'd serve you a homebrew right this instant if the technology existed !!

So, it was a beautiful sunny afternoon, fifteen of our family and friends on the deck socializing in anticipation of going to see “REO Speed wagon” later in the evening at the annual “Rock the Park” classic rock fest.. I decided to lighten the atmosphere a little by donning the mullet wig, tie dyed sleeveless T-shirt, and white shorts. I selected “Take it On the Run” and “Time for Me to Fly”, both being instantly recognizable to anyone who owned a radio.

I got off to a pretty good start, focusing on the playing, hitting the changes good, but my strumming hand rebelled and I was just pounding the strings. I dropped down to down strums only and managed to get it under control. Then, my voice went, kind of a hoarse squawking replaced it. And all this happened before the first chorus !! It is amazing what your mind can do to your body if you let it.

Anyway, I made it through, I have a whole year to prepare for the next concert, hope they announce the acts soon !! A terrifying as the experience was, I can't wait to do it again!! I think.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Congrats Dave!! I suspect that even the pros have to go through difficulties at times and it sounds like you worked on through it perfectly.

Side note: Are you a home brewer too? What type? I make mostly mead, but I also make ale to satisfy my thirst while waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.. you get the idea.. for the mead to ferment.

Dont wait a year.. Get out there!!

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@dave-t)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

It took me a while for it to kick in--just because you can make things more complex it is sometimes best to revert back to the simple accomplishments and remember how satisfying they were--your first bottle of beer made in the plastic tub, the first time you threw in a D/U/D/U on the chorus of a Dylan song!!!

I have been homebrewing on and off for 20 years. Traditionally I have tended towards the bitters and stouts, taking the standard hopped extracts and dressing them up with different adjuncts and hops. The last ½ year or so I have been making lagers from extracts and adding honey and hops to suit my taste. Never tried making mead, but will some day I suspect. Check out the homebrew forum at http://www.ratebeer.com if you have not already.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2