Clear all

Started my guitar class today!

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@tuckatangent)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well, I'd reached the limit of my patience with teaching myself, so I signed up for a guitar class at my community college! Had the first lesson today, learned power chords and how to play "Let's Get It On" with the 6th and 5th strings - yee hah, baby, it's gonna be a rocking semester! Just had to share with you all - I'm absolutely thrilled!

(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Congrats tuckatangent. It took me a while to build up enough courage to get classes too. I'm on about the 7th week and it's really helping a lot. I hope it keeps working out for you too.

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Congrats tuckatangent

Rock on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey Tuck...

One word.......... SWEEEEET!!! :)

Keep it up :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 bohh
(@bohh)
Trusted Member

Gratz! It's great when you start making progress. Keep it up!

Guitarjourney.net - Everything I've learned and want to learn, including chord diagrams and other information.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

What are the charges for the tution ? (just curious )

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

congratulations. keep at it!

ReplyQuote
(@tuckatangent)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well, since it's an hour class, it was 32 dollars for the class, plus 7.30 for the book. That's in-state tuition.

ReplyQuote
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

I started lessons in the past twice and in both cases stopped due to the teacher. The first time, I actually loved the guy, then he had not move on short notice and his replacement was as waste. Now, I started again after about 6 years and have been going for the last 8 months and love it. The guy I have now is in a well known band and has played with some really big name artists. The point I'm making here is, if you find a good teacher, stick with it, keep the slot, it will work out... Good luck...

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote
(@tuckatangent)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well so far, I love the teacher. She started us on power chords, and now we're doing pentatonic scales. Pretty much the first day of class, we started learning how to play bass lines or the power chords to pop songs. It's exactly what I wanted in a class. I just love it.

ReplyQuote