Clear all

Strat Or tele?????????

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i aws just thinking wether i should buy suier tele or squier strat. I'm planning to play classic rock, light rock, jazz, blues, rocknroll,(I hate heavy rock),country. Bacically nothing heavy.Also, does anyone know the make Slamer by Hamer?It's indonesian. Please help! :D

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

Go try both out and see which sound you like better, they both are great!

-Dustin

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@sre123_2002)
Estimable Member

trying them both in a store is a good idea. i decided to go with a telecaster instead of a strat, but that's because i like the twangy sound of the tele better. of course, that doesn't stop me from wanting a strat too, and a hollowbody, and something with humbuckers......

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

People play all those styles with either a Strat or a Tele, while both also have unique sounds all their own. The Tele is physically simpler, an advantage to a beginner, without the complexities and problems of a vibrato bar. If you want to play surf, and need the vibrato, or, arguably, if you want to play Steely Dan, then go for the Strat.
They are both great choices, and you won't really go wrong. Try the two, especially the bridge and neck positions of the Tele and the 2 and 4 positions of the strat, and see which is the sound you're looking for.

ReplyQuote
(@deadat27)
Trusted Member

Well for me I just went into the store one day and asked the guy if he had anything under 200 dollars and he pointed to the Strats. I didn't even know the name of what I was buying. After a while I started to notice that in almost all the pictures every rock legend is playing a strat (except Elvis) this is one of the reasons Im glad I have a Strat, it's very versatille with respect to different types of music.

Another is the look, finish and especially the feel of it, the body of this guitar fit's comfortably on both your legs and rib cage when you are playing it while some other guitars have weird shapes that make them hard to handle.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I just saw this in the MF catelog I got in the mail today:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/s=electric/search/detail/base_pid/510067/

That would probably be worth looking into.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

After you buy one and like it, there's a pretty good chance you'll want to buy the other as well (and if not right away ... eventually). Can't be helped; it just happens.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote