Clear all

string change?

37 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I can go one better than that. First time I changed strings I managed to break the low E. :shock: :P Listen to Nils.
Wow, that is actually 5 better and a major challenge at that. :lol:

I thought I was good breaking a low E while playing. Got a little carried away on a bass line.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@washburnt)

ok so home with the strings and bam i break the high e ..looked like two windings to me :oops: .. man do i feel stupid back to the store i go...

Keeping a stash of 3-5 high e strings isn't a bad idea either. They're the only ones I seem to break.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I must be on a roll, I have never broke a high string (on regular guitar, I did on a bass once) I did break an A string 3 changes ago. I think it was a defect. The inner core broke loose and slipped out of the outer windings.
(Dean Markley Alchemy strings) I called the manufacturer and they sent me 2 sets of Alchemy's free of charge. (no problem with the 2 new sets)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've broken my G string a time or two.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I've broken my G string a time or two.
I don't quite know how to take that :o

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

ok so home with the strings and bam i break the high e ..looked like two windings to me :oops: .. man do i feel stupid back to the store i go...

Have a look here http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_acoustic.html

it shows how to gauge the amount of string you thread though the peg. I did mine for the first time on Wednesday and they seem just fine.

Nils, no offense to you site mate, it's just that bit is tricky for a re-stringing noob.

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

ya pretty bone head move on my part, i had the string in tune . think when i threaded it i cut the tail to short... so i take it i can buy just 1 string not a whole set also what do ya'll think of d addario thats what my buddy told me to get???

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Nils, no offense to you site mate, it's just that bit is tricky for a re-stringing noob.
Rik, not a problem. No offense taken. If you have any suggestions on how I can make it clearer help me out.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

so i take it i can buy just 1 string not a whole set also what do ya'll think of d addario thats what my buddy told me to get???Yup, most guitar stores will sell just the one string. My Floyd Rose likes to break strings when ya beet the hell ouf of them.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Rik, not a problem. No offense taken. If you have any suggestions on how I can make it clearer help me out.

Fantastic site Nils! :D

There were a couple of spots in those stringing instructions that did seem slightly confusing though, as Rik said. I'm sending you a PM with some suggestions. Hope you don't mind the feedback. :)

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Thanks for helping me out there Chris, as you can see from the amount of posts I have I am not very good at explaining things. I know what I want to say but by the time I have written it down you would have totally lost the will to live :oops:

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Thanks Guys. I do appreciate the feedback. Without the feedback I will never get it right now will I.

I got your PM Chris thanks. I know how to do the stuff just have to get better at writing it down. With your suggestions it should get a lot better.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

. I know what I want to say but by the time I have written it down you would have totally lost the will to live :oops:

:D :D LOL. I'm somewhat the same. Nasty dose of verbal diarrhoea in my case.... :wink:

Poor Nils copped a PM about a mile long with all my suggestions. He probably thought "UH OH! Nutter Alert! Better humour this one....." :twisted:

Seriously though, Nils, thanks for taking my PM in such good spirit.
I know how to do the stuff just have to get better at writing it down. With your suggestions it should get a lot better.

That was a very generous reply. Lots would have ignored it or told me to p*ss off! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Chris, your a riot.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Seriously though, Nils, thanks for taking my PM in such good spirit.

That was a very generous reply. Lots would have ignored it or told me to p*ss off! :wink:
Chris and Rik. If you look at my original "Free stuff on my web page" post you will notice that I have been asking for feedback to improve the site since day one so there is no reason why I would not take it serious and appreciate it now.

I have received a fair amount of feedback and help since I put up the site and have implemented whatever I could and was feasible.

Now, after I go buy another ream of paper to print out Chris' PM :lol: :lol: I will work on whatever changes I can make. I know this page needs help and Chris made some good suggestion for wording and flow. After all what value is the page if it confuses people or is too difficult to follow.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3