Notifications
Clear all

Strumming With a Pick

18 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I'm quite the opposite in that I much prefer a pick but, when I accidentally drop it, I can go without. "The presenter recommended using the side of the pick to attack the strings.... does anybody else play like that?" I cannot imagine that being anything but difficult to do on a regular basis. :shock: A video clip of that would be very interesting to see!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I have started using a pick much more recently only. I like the pick because it gives me punchy tone and prevents my fingers from getting hurt from those steel strings!

Lovin' the picks. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@unimogbert)
Estimable Member

I now have a couple of guitars where the sound hole ISN'T dead center so picks don't go in there anymore.
That's helped my flatpicking tremendously :-) And I can keep using the same pick for weeks and weeks....

Like so many things it's a matter of paying attention to what you're doing and how it's working then making some adjustments and trying some more. And practice.

Thin picks to start with since they are more forgiving of technique.

Unimogbert
(indeterminate, er, intermediate fingerstyle acoustic)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2