Notifications
Clear all

Stuck! Don't know what to continue off of

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@al2662)
Topic starter  

Like the titled, I'm stuck at where I'm at. I've been playing for 4 years. I learned majority of the chords(opens, Barre, alternative versions) and decided to start on scales. Ive heard that the pentatonic scale is the the way to go, so I learn all the positions and I just remembered them. Now I use them to play solos over songs in a certain key, but I'm usually only playing at the first position or that popular one that you always learn first in videos, and just go up and down from low e to high e string. Like its very simple, it sounds boring now. improvising maybe is the answer to that one though. I also know the major pentatonic scale too but I don't use it as often. I'm just wondering if there's something else to the pentatonic scale, kinda like the blues scale added notes to it, also read something about modes/modal but couldn't find a connection, and any recommendations what to learn next?

I'm also aware that people use hammer on and pull offs during some solos, so is there like any other techniques they use like bends and whatnot? Thanks