Sweet Home Distortion?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
yoyo286
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was foolin around with my amp the other day and i started playing some Skynryd and I accidentally pushed the channel switcher so it switched to the overdrive channel. I couldnt play it right because of the sustain. And get this: I was playing on the crappiest plywood squier bullet but i still had a buttload of sustain. Anybody know why?

Stairway to Freebird!

Wes Inman
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Heh, Squiers are pretty nice guitars, especially for the price. I own a Squier Tele, and it's a well made and good sounding guitar.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Rodya S. Thompson
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Exactly. Some people complain about how "cheap" guitars are never good, but if you've got the money and don't mind it, find a good-sounding Squier and drop in some better pickups. My cousin did that to his, and I am amazed at how sounds like that could come out of something that cost him a little over $100. (the pickups are worth more than the guitar!)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
bstguitarist
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Yup! I also feel that some squires are well built. I think I was lucky like you guys and my squire is a relly nice sounding and playing guitar. Personally i think it is up there with the regular strats but I guess thats everyones preferences lol. but anyway, squires are not crappy guitars as most people say they are. They are only crappy if the person building them decided not to rush through it.

Bstguitarist
KB1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
yoyo286
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm not saying that the squier is bad, I'm saying that its their bottom line model, (actually, I love the feel of the squier neck, even more than many Mex strats!) I was just wondering if thats always the case with the sustain. Oh boy, If i'm getting excited over a plywood strat, i cant wait to i try out a LP!

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote