E|-4---------2--------4---2---------|
or
e|-------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------|
G|----------7------------7------9--7---|
D|-7--------7--7---------7------9--7---|
A|-7--------5--7---------5------7--5---|
E|-5-----------5-----------------------|

I find it really hard for my fingers to get like from the 7th fret to the 9th etc. Is there any tips for being able to reach them or is it all about positioning?

Alsoo what does it mean when songs say "slide down on the last note".. like what would I have to do? cheers.

Billie-Joe Armstrong is HOT! He's my future husband. Ha ;)

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Chlozo,

Those look like power chords to me.

For that first chord use your first (Index) finger on the 5th string 4th fret, then barre your ring finger on the 3/4th string 6th fret. Then keep that same Finger form (Shape) and move around the fret board, then you can even move to the 6th string (index Finger) and 4/5th strings with your ring finger.

Make sense? They're really easier than you think and in more songs than you'd think too :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

It is all about positioning, but I can probably give you a couple of hints. First, raise the headstock so it's closer to your shoulder. Second, get your fretting arm elbow away from your side. Third, make sure your thumb is behind the neck, not reaching over the top.

I see lots of beginners who struggle with reach, but it's usually just a matter of getting used to holding a guitar properly.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote