Clear all

TABS of scales?

27 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Anyone know a good site that has TABS of scales? I'd kinda like to know a full fretboard tab of a nice, blues-rock kinda of scale in D. The only one I know right now is the D blues scale... maybe there's a full fretboard tab of this???

Stairway to Freebird!

(@jester)
Trusted Member

Anyone know a good site that has TABS of scales? I'd kinda like to know a full fretboard tab of a nice, blues-rock kinda of scale in D. The only one I know right now is the D blues scale... maybe there's a full fretboard tab of this???

I'm fond of the scale calculator at http://www.jguitar.com . Don't know if that's exactly what you had in mind.

ReplyQuote
(@vegas_jay)
Trusted Member

Wow, that is a nice link! Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@jester)
Trusted Member

I'd love to take credit, but someone else posted it here a few weeks ago, and I thought, "Damn, what a great site!"

ReplyQuote
(@jester)
Trusted Member

I did not actually think "darn", I thought something fairly mild but perhaps slightly stronger than "darn". My capitalization was also different.

I hadn't realized that this Forum censors its participants at the level of actively modifying postings without even notifying the poster of this.

Sorry, I know there's a separate forum to discuss the workings of the site itself, but I wanted to disclaim responsibility for my language.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

^I've already been there millions of times, but thanks anyway. I'm actually looking for a site with a TAB of the scale. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I hadn't realized that this Forum censors its participants at the level of actively modifying postings without even notifying the poster of this.

It's embedded in the sites code. Nobody modified it.

Like I could say, “you're a fuckin dumbass that doesn't know shit about shit so go fuck yourself”.

Trust me, that is NOT what I said. And I am just kidding, just showing you something.

LMAO!!!!!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

yoyo,

That "scale calculator" site is great. Whats the problem? You can pick what fret to start on, what scale you want, seams like a great site and just what you are looking for.

I added it to my Favorites only because I don't know my theory as well as I'd like to but, I can come up with some of them on my own with the little theory I do know.

Maybe you should start looking into music theory more?

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It's just that I don't want to go through the whole thing trying to find the duplicate notes... :?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Are you talking about the "root notes" and are you being "lazy" again?

If you want to get better you have to know and understand this stuff!

ReplyQuote
(@hughm)
Trusted Member

Figure out those scales on your own. It's dead easy.

Write them on tab paper AND in standard notation. Harmonize your scales. Write that down, too. Memorize your fretboard. Do this for ten minutes a day for a month. Honest, focussed grunt work. You'll be amazed how much you'll learn. And because you did essentially the same thing in different ways - playing, hearing, feeling, writing, visualizing - you'll never, ever forget it.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Write them on tab paper

Where can I get this? My guitar techer has given them to me before, but I don't know where he gets them..

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@hughm)
Trusted Member

Try http://www.blanksheetmusic.net

You can print various free music paper from there. May I suggest the one that has both standard notation and tab on the same sheet.

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Figure out those scales on your own. It's dead easy.

When I look at that site, it has a couple of dozen types of scales. I couldn't figure out which of the names correspond to the regular "major" and "minor" scales.

So, which are the top 5 types of scales I should try to learn? (I figure major/minor/pentatonic/blues?) I should add that my interests are mostly in classic rock (acoustic and electric) and some blues.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

GP has tens of scales and will show them on a virtual fretboard. Get the demo at their site, it's excellent.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2