Clear all

telecasters

19 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

guy's been playing a year now and have been thinking about going electric,i really like the teles but man it's like buying car all kinds options iam kinda lost.iam thinking a american made one. than theres all differnt kind of pickups semi hollow body s1-controls? it is a little overwhelming if your some what new at this.. any input??? also what yall think about e-bay HELP!!

Cash is cool

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Deleted- Double post

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I own a Fender American Standard Telecaster and a Squier Standard Telecaster.

The Squier is very nice, especially considering the very reasonable cost. The quality is very good. It is a good Rock and Blues guitar and even gets great jazz tones with the neck pickup.

My Fender is excellent quality. Plays like a dream. It is more twangy for that classic Country tone if that's what you're after. But it is great for Rock as well, especially for Punk in my opinion. It is very tight. I believe it would be difficult to find a guitar that will give you a tighter rhythm sound than the Tele.

Now, if you really want the REAL DEAL, go with the Deluxe Ash Telecaster. You will be in twang heaven.

Fender Deluxe Ash Telecaster

You can't go wrong with a Tele. They are one of the most versatile guitars ever made.

The look great too. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the reply wes, i will check those out. iam sold on the teles

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

teles are great guitars. very basic; hence the workingman's guitar handle.

get a real fender tele. the workmanship on an American tele is far superior to another other kind.

deluxe ash would be awesome. but $$$$.

the Highway ! teles are less expensive and evry bit as good. I own one and love it. the neck and frets are smooth. the electronics have all the power and twang one could want.
it has a satin finish that is thin. it looks good, but will wear quickly with heavy gigging. but aged is cool.

tle thinlines are nice too. those humbuckers crank out the tone. however, if you want classic twang for country you need single coil pups.
also, the bridge should be ferrous iron and not brass. somehing about the magnetic quality of the bridge near the bridge pickup gives the classic tele twang.
heres a pic of mine:

595$ brand new

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Nice pic dogbite!! you guy's are talking "ash" do you mean the fret board-neck.. sorry for lame questions :oops:

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Nope, they mean the body, fretboard-neck on dogbite's is maple. Other common body woods are poplar and alder.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Tim

Ask all the questions you want.

Ash is the body. The American Telecasters have an Alder body. As for the neck, Teles come with Maple (light colored) and Rosewood (dark) fretboards.

The Ash Teles are supposed to have the best twang. And Teles with single coil pickups have more twang than those equipped with humbucker pickups.

Here is the Telecaster page at Fender. Just click on the pics. Then click on Specifications. This will tell you the differences between the different models.

Fender Telecasters

Hope this doesn't cause more confusion.

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks again guy's. that helps a bunch. tons of choices??

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Just for the info, the Deluxe Tele's look like they have single coil pickups, but they are actually disguised humbuckers.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Tim

That link might have caused more confusion than help. Looks like Fender has about 50 different Tele models.

Exactly what type of music are you looking to play with a Tele? If you want to play Country, then go for an Ash with single coils. But if you want to play Rock or heavy tones, you would probably be happier with a Tele with humbuckers.

So, what do you want to play with a Tele?

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

You guys in the States are soooooooo lucky. Over in the the UK have to pay around £650-£700 for a USA Tele or Strat thats $1,127.52 at todays exchange rate. and if we buy from the US the import duty and VAT cancel out any savings.

Sorry just having a quick gripe.

Seriously though a the Tele is a terrific tone machine and you would need to look long and hard to find its equal.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

wes, as of now most of what i have learned is country Cash-Haggard but i also like classic rock and blues. but as far as going off on some eddie van halen riff iam not even close to that. pretty much just been 3-chord country stuff..

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

wes-- fender link is great iam glad i brought this up i know i have alot more to figure out than just color :oops: couple more things i see them (teles) with humbuckers and other pickups on the same guitar i assume that gives you a greater rage of sound ?... i think though iam leaning toward the single coil only pick up... thanks again T.

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

wes-- fender link is great iam glad i brought this up i know i have alot more to figure out than just color :oops: couple more things i see them (teles) with humbuckers and other pickups on the same guitar i assume that gives you a greater rage of sound ?... i think though iam leaning toward the single coil only pick up... thanks again T.

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2