Estimable Member
Topic starter  

sorry for the double post

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Tim

No need to apologize for the double post. The site is acting a little funny lately, I have had a couple of double posts myself.

If you like Country and Classic Rock, I think you would be happier with a model with an ash body and single coil pickups. This will get you that authentic Country twang.

But don't think an ash Tele will be limited to that. The Tele is very versatile. You can get beautiful jazz tones with the neck pickup. And Teles sound amazing with distortion as well. They are a great Rock guitar.

Single coil pickups sound brighter than humbuckers. Single coils tend to be a little noisy through a cranked amp. Humbuckers were designed to eliminate the hum and noise. They have a mellower, not as bright tone.

But I'll tell ya, my American Tele with single coils is extremely quiet. I have not had any problems with noise or hum at all, and I've played it through my Hot Rod Deluxe with the amp cranked many times.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@tim-shull)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks again for the info , i think i will lean toward the singlecoil with the ash body.... hope y'all have a great christmas and new years!!

Cash is cool

ReplyQuote
(@psychoticsmurf)

I went to the local Guitar Center and played around with the Fender '72 Thinline. It sounded great when I played it clean. Obviously I thought it was too good to be true so I went to some moderate distortion/overdrive and I stood up well. Also, its good if you're like me and stray away from the normal les paul/strat stuff.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2