Notifications
Clear all

The difference between cheep and expensive

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@joemccall86)
Topic starter  

Wow, that 40k guitar is pretty expensive. Is it even feasible to purchase a guitar like that (or any guitar for that matter) over the internet without playing it first? That's what confuses me about why all these online guitar stores are still in business. I don't see myself purchasing a guitar online ever. I have to play it first.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

$15 and about 8 hours of work... :)

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

As it turns out my son prefers the $80 ebay guitar over my new dreadnought due to the fact that it is a small body guitar and easier to hold and play even tho he is a big boy ... it is also considerably flashier, even tho fashioned from plywood, with a cutaway, deep red stain and flame cutouts :twisted:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi Joe

When I buy things I normally like to spend a bit more a buy better whatever it is - it normally makes a difference to how long things last, but when I decided to try and learn to play the guitar, I thought I'd be a bit sensible and buy something that wouldn't lose me much if I decided guitar playing wasn't for me...

I bought a Stagg kit from ebay brand new for less than $90 - looks the part and apparently used in lots of schools for teaching. The first things I was worried about was the fact that my fingers seemed to be too fat to get in between the strings for a clean note and my fingers hurt like hell playing for a few hours, but as you play and practice more and more things sort of come together and I'm getting less buzz on the notes and my fingers are scabbing up nicely... :D

The more experienced players will have their favourites instruments - that's why there are so many options out there, but for me, I'm getting everything I need out of this one and, when I've decided that I can play a complete song or tune without buzzing and missing notes (well, I'll allow myself a couple) - then I will go to a music shop and try some different makes and I will be able to hear exactly what the difference is and spend the money accordingly.

Enjoy your new guitar but most of all - have fun learning.

Cheers,
Dylan

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2