Notifications
Clear all

Those of you from the Chicago area...

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@b0ttleneck)
Topic starter  

...can you recommend a good teacher in the NW Suburbs? I know I've seen that a few of you are from the Chicago area, and hopefully you can help. I've had a few teachers in the area and of the 3, 2 of them were worthless, the other one I just kind of lost of timeslot because I moved to NYC for awhile and he got popular while I was gone. I listen to mostly alternative country (Ryan Adams, Wilco, Rhett Miller, etc) and would prefer a teacher who has at least some interest in what I'm trying to learn.

Thanks,
Chris

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Send Noteboat a PM. You'll find his posts in several forums, but the easiest place to find one is probably in "Music Theory". He's a Chicagoland teacher.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I'm SW suburbs, so I could be 40 miles from b0ttleneck (Great name - I used to play regularly at the now closed Bottleneck pub on Broadway in Chicago - a memorable joint for me; that's where some drunk started throwing darts at the band when we didn't play his request!)

I'd recommend you contact Tom Hess - he's written a number of lessons for GN, so you could get a feel for his style, and he's in the NW burbs.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i was born and raised in cicero, and tom hess is a virtuoso, the guy who taught
me how to play is also a virtuoso, and speaks of tom very highly, he is also from
chi--town,(god i miss home) if you can't get tom, you gotta go with noteboat :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@b0ttleneck)
Topic starter  

Okay thanks.

ReplyQuote