Clear all

wedding song...help

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i'm best man in may at friend's wedding.....still new to playing so no confidence and still not got good rhythm but pretty good with open chords...well i've offered to play 'love me tender' as its a simple song well within my grasp i'm sure :roll:

obviously i've figured its a slow tempo with bass note/strum x2 and i have all the relevent chords but if anyone has any other suggestions on maybe a strum pattern or fingerstyle way of playing then i'd welcome your ideas :D

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

(@tahitiijack)
Eminent Member

When will this be played during the wedding? As best man can you do your part in the wedding and play? There are several easy finger style songs such as Pacabell's Cannon in D that would work. When is the wedding-how much time to you have to learn the song?

Happy Sunsets!

ReplyQuote
(@gotdeeblues)
Eminent Member

Mel BAy book 1 or Hal Leonard use Au Clair de la Lune for an early exercise..it's the melody for Love Me Tender. chords are C G7and D7. You should be able to pick it right up easily. if you've played at all.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Is someone going to sing it? If so, then doing simply arpeggios on the guitar (either with a pick or with fingers) will sound very nice.

If no one's singing it, then you might have to come up with a "chord melody" arrangement, which wouldn't be all that hard to do. PM me if that's the case.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I'd suggest playing near people to get used to that. Maybe play in front of a SMALL gathering of people you know. Another thing if you flubb a note Don't stop keep going and chances are no one will be the wiser! Good Luck!

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@piratefromhell)

I played Slayer's "Raining Blood" for my friend's wedding once. Most beautiful thing I have ever done for him. The bride came through the doors JUST as the main riff opened up. Anyway, an easy one to do, as you may have seen on the film "Just Love" (I THINK it's called that) is "All you need is Love" by The Beatles. It's very easy and still looks flashy.

By the way, whatever you do, don't throw the pick and hit the priest in the eye when you finish playing... :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

Slayer played at a wedding.... I love it. :D :D

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote