Clear all

what is e flat standard tuning

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mercury187)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I was watching a video on youtube for how to play all along the watchtower by hendrix and it says in the more info box: Tuned down a half step to E flat standard.
Would I just tune all 6 strings to where the b (flat) light comes on? I have a Korg CA-30 solo chromatic tuner with b and # lights, my podxt has a tuner but im not sure how to set to something other than standard.

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yes every string is tuned down a half step flat, so stad tuning is EADGBE, you would end up with Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb,Eb

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@mercury187)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

ok, cant wait to try when i get home! thanks

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

you may also have heard off 'dropped D' tuning. same thing. now there is dropped C and even B tuning.
when lowering tuning the string tension changes. at some point one has to change string gauges.
just something to think about.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I have a similar tuner, the Korg GA-30.

Turn the tuner on, then press the "FLAT" button. THEN tune to E - A - D - G - B - E - that'll give you Eb - Ab - Db - Gb - Bb - Eb.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Yes every string is tuned down a half step flat, so stad tuning is EADGBE, you would end up with Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb,Eb

+1 on that Chris.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote