Skip to content
What kind of electr...

Notifications
Clear all

What kind of electronic tuner do u guys suggest I go for??

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@vazeaneesh)
Topic starter  

Hii Friends,

Now that I have started playing. I think other then the Online site I was referred to I should also go for an Electronic Tuner. (sorry Tim
I just want to have more sugessions for this one. I hope you understand man). Well, I want to know what kind of a tuner should I go for. Like is it really necessary to go for an electric tuner or an cheap one will help me lifelong. Like will the cheap one also help me when I start playing an Electric guitar. Any more sugessions or details are welcome.

Thanks Guys

Aneesh

ANEESH

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

A fully chromatic tuner is very usefull if you will be playing with odd tunings.

If you play an electric, one that you can plug your cord into is very usefull.

Otherwise, pick the one that you like in your price range.

If you don't have a metronome yet, see if you can find a tuner/metronome combo . . . it's often cheaper than buying both.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

I started with a cheep tuner, but if the notes were way off this POJ did not work well. I got a chromatic with a metronome and tone generation. Works well and I like this one a lot as now I can do soem drop tuning.

John M

ReplyQuote
(@garytalley)
Trusted Member

A chromatic tuner is only a little more expensive than a non-chromatic (cheap) tuner, but is twice as useful.

creator of #1 video"Guitar Playing for Songwriters"

ReplyQuote
(@itziks)
Estimable Member

Well I have both -

The first one I bought was a simple electric tuner made by fender - It has a needle on it that shows how far I am from tuning. It's very simple to use and good for beginners. can tune acoustic + electric with it.

The second tuner I got was without intention - It is a chromatic tuner - for use with electric or acoustic/electric guitar only. It is part of a multi-effect pedal I purchased. I wanted only to purchase the multi-effect, but when I knew It has a tuner too - i said all the better - less to carry with my electric guitar.

I still use the frist tuner especailly when the strings are new - cause it has a "arger picture", and the needle is more intuitive.

By the was - the multi-effect - is zoom 500 II.

itziks

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Here is a link to the one I am using
http://www.zzounds.com/item--SBNMT9000
I like the metronome on this better than the Krog metronome that I also have.

John M

ReplyQuote
(@ciaran)
Eminent Member

I use one of these now, it's brilliant:

http://www.tuners.com/pt1.asp

The best thing about it is that you can use it on your acoustic regardless of what background noise is going on, because it feels the pitch vibrating through the guitar, rather than picking it up with a microphone.

For electric, I still use one of these:

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--KORDT3

It's great - I've had it 10 years and never had any complaints - but as others have said, I would consider getting one with a metronome built in.

ReplyQuote