Notifications
Clear all

What should I do?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@napolijack)
Topic starter  

I have a friend coming over tomorrow night to practice with me. Let me say that we are both new to guitar (practicing within the last 3 months). I am very excited at the fact that someone is coming to practice with me and I suspect that I maybe ahead by a small margin (he has 3 kids I am on my own at the moment as my wife works over seas). We are probably at the basic level with us both working on open chords. what would you suggest would be a good thing for us to practice together. Any suggestions would be welcome.

P.S. I have been most impressed with the advice and encouragement posted on this site so far. You should all be proud of the things you have done, I have got alot of good advice just from reading previous posts.

Respect to all

Ady :)

My advice to the world:-
'Sometimes it is better to say nothing and have people think your stupid than to open your mouth and prove them right!'

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I'd suggest that you look at our easy songs database and at the beginner's lessons on the main site. Both have songs with 3 or 4 easy, open chords. Horse with no name has 2 easy chords. Find a song that you like and print it out, one copy each.

Don't try to make too much progress, too quickly, just have fun and see what happens.

Get some beers and some snacks and make it relaxed and above all FUN!!!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I agree. choose three or four 3 chord songs. doesn't matter if they appear too simple.
it'll break the ice, give each of you room should any inspiration or bravura comes along.
sing a song too. playing and singing adds another level of interest.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@napolijack)
Topic starter  

Thanks guys and I will of course take heed of your advice (especially the part about beer and snacks, mmmmmm
beer that sweet life giving amber nectar :D )

Ady

My advice to the world:-
'Sometimes it is better to say nothing and have people think your stupid than to open your mouth and prove them right!'

ReplyQuote