Notifications
Clear all

What to do?!!!

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ya. Les Pauls and Strats. very different as I say.
tjhe Custom is a more than excellent ax. try to get used to it.
like DemoEtc says.....nothing like a Les Paul...certain times a strat doesnt cut it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@hanzo)
Trusted Member

If you've only had it a week at least keep it for a while to get a better feel for it. If you like your yamaha keep playing it but maybe throw in some time with the gibson at the end of each practice session or something until you know it better. If after 6 or 8 months and you still don't like it then maybe trade it off or sell it.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

IMHO, There are two definitions for types of electric guitars.

Fender Stratocasters

Gibson Les Paul

Each does a different thing, comparing them would be like comparing apples and oranges.

Strats sound and play in their own way and LP's do their thing.

I have trouble with the size and shape of a strat, too light!
I don't like LP's because of their weight!

But why am I looking for a good strat and LP?

I've been playing for a long time and I realize that I can get used to any thing!

Keep the LP, if you get rid of it before you have a chance to get to know it you'll regret it. Also, get a strat, another one you won't regret!

There, my contribution to spreading problem of GAS! :shock: :D

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

yea, keep it.
I have heard many times on this board and others of how someone wished they would have held onto that LP they once owned.
wish i had that "problem" :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ridgeskimmer)
Topic starter  

Hi All,
Thanks very much for all your thoughts and please keep them coming!!!
I played again last night and it still felt uncomfortable playing sitting down (even with wide stap!) but not as bad standing up but I wouldn,t want to do that all night!! There again maybe better to practice that way for future gigging purposes (Well we can all dream!!)
Im taking it with me to my Guitar lesson tommorow night to get my tutors view on the situation. He is a Strat man and Gig's regularly in a Blues band but will allways give me an honest unbiased opinion on things. So i'll hold off on any major decisions until after that.
As im really still learning and I need to concentrate on "learning" I don't want the distraction of an uncomfortable guitar so I like the idea of keeping the Pacifica for that and then gradually bringing in the LP.
Therefore if I keep the Pacifica would it be a good idea to upgrade it with better pickups etc and if so can any one reccomend some good pickups or whatever to install?
Many thanks again Guy's and please keep your thoughts coming as they really are helping!!
Cheers
Mike

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2