Where do I go from here?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@arman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I have been focusing on finger exercises (Jamie Andreas' "Walking Exercises"/ guitarlessonworld.com exercises), learning how to read standard notation and where the notes are on the fretboard. I'm feeling pretty comfortable now (I bought a guitar 2 weeks ago) - my question is, what should I learn next? How to play along to a metronome?

I want to stay on track and learn efficiently...

THANKS!
-Arman

AUTOGRAPHED ESP George Lynch Sunburst Tiger

(@omega)
Estimable Member

Playing along with metronome is an amazing step in the right direction. :D

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Hi, and welcome to Guitarnoise,

I think you should start learning some chords and strumming techniques. Check out the easy songs for beginners on this site - horse with no name is an excellent starting point cos it's only got two chords and they're really easy to finger.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@arman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys!

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum - I would've pointed out that I'm new in my original post...but I didn't want to insult anyone's intelligence....:D

I'll check out the easy songs...:D

AUTOGRAPHED ESP George Lynch Sunburst Tiger

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Set the metronome to Whatever beats per minute listen to it and play along, play anything, just be sure you can hear the metronome, and practice staying in time with it. Start out slowly. Another thing that works is one of those small keyboards that has a built in drum machine. Here's a couple of site with online metronomes.

Online Metronome

Online Metronome / Drum Machine

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member

practice all the other stuff as well, but practice some songs here and there because that keeps you interested at least while you're learning...and you'll always be learning. Becoming good at the guitar takes a lifetime...maybe a little longer :wink:

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote