Notifications
Clear all

Where to start

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@hendricdk)
Topic starter  

Love this site, my only problem is where to start. The lessions are great and are teaching me a lot, but I need a path to follow from one lession to another. Maybe I am missing something but I would like to progress from one lession to the next. Anybody have any ideas?

(@southpaw_pete)
Eminent Member

Your path is going to depend (at the risk of sounding all philosophical!) on where you're coming from, and where you'd like to be going. Are you starting from scratch, or just looking to broaden your playing abilities? Do you want to be a bedroom noodler, a stadium god, an acoustic strummer or an electric maestro? Once you determine what you want to achieve, then you can start to structure the lessons you select in order to get you there.

Let us know and we'll try to point you in the right direction....

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Your path is going to depend (at the risk of sounding all philosophical!) on where you're coming from, and where you'd like to be going....

+1 :D

Hey man...don't follow the lighted path. Make your own.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Love this site, my only problem is where to start. The lessions are great and are teaching me a lot, but I need a path to follow from one lession to another. Maybe I am missing something but I would like to progress from one lession to the next. Anybody have any ideas?

Start with learning the basic chords and then playing simple songs using them.

Then move on to some complex chords and a little bit of theory, scales etc. You can also start learning to read music at this time.

Then play advanced level songs. Keep mixing the chords, theory, scales and the songs and you should be fine.

And lastly never forget - You play guitar to enjoy yourself.

ReplyQuote