Clear all

Where to start?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@polishdude20)
Topic starter  

OK IM TOTALLY NEWB,

i know the basic major and minor chords and i know the pentatonic scale basic and the major scale. i cant play tem too quickly but im at moderate speed. so im just wondering were do i start? because i feel as if whenever i go learna lesson on here or somewhere else they tell me all this stuff that wasnt explained before. so what can do?

(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

hi polishdude.... i'd say your best bet is to start by clicking on the 'easy songs for beginners' at the top of this page...go make some music my friend :D start with 'horse with no name' and work your way up :wink:

welcome to GN

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

There's a lot of stuff in the Easy Songs database

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Good advices. Read also the lesson and practice each different strumming or version. There is a forum where you can ask or read old questions if you get in troubles.

Try to maintain a 'discipline'. I mean, choose a lesson or song and work on it some time, don't try to skip from song to song.

Welcome to GN.

ReplyQuote
(@gothardb)

Well, it depends on what kind of music you like. You've learned these chords and scales only because you want to play songs which you like. If you're into heavy metal you could learn some easy metallica's songs like 4x4, or maybe you like ac/dc or black sabbath. And if you're into acoustic music - learn chord songs. If you're having trouble with finding easy songs from your favourite bands, people on this forum can help you.

Sry for my english, i'm still learning. Nobody's perfect :P (and i'm nobody :D )
I love making solos - http://sologuru.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote