Clear all

where were YOU after 6 months?

18 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
11.7 K Views
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I can remember being pretty crummy at 6 months, so I think you are doing very well by comparison to me as you're doing B7
and pentatonic scales! People on here have said that it's natural to go through learning troughs from time to time, so I guess you're going through one of those. Just remember to enjoy yourself and be patient :)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

hmmm ... well touring, of course!

(in my mind)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I started so long ago I couldn't really say.

What I do know is that after been playing on and off for well over 30 years, I'm still struggling to improve and still finding plenty of problems to address. Sure they might be more subtle than when I'd only been playing for 6 months, but they're still there.

Ultimately you should always be your own worst critic, but you should also be your own best champion. Music isn't a competition, it's a journey of self-discovery and artistic expression. Where one is on that path isn't nearly as important as being on the path in the first place.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2