Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

Which Pick?

30 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@redsoxrush2112)

4 years ago, I bought several different thicknesses. Ended up with .58 Gator Grips. I do some .71s and .96s from time to time too.

i use .58 gator grips as well :) i have changed my pick size so many times i cant even count. its all about how u feel. every1 is different

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

will have to get some of them dunkop 3mm's to try - I had one when I started but they were tiny if I recall.

Yes, there's the Stubby which is small
*shudder* Get the big ones ;)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

lol, well, I do like big stubby things.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Whoa! :shock:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Dunlop Big Stubbi 3mm here (I don't like picks to bend in the slightest

Well my friend, your choice of pick is approximately 6 times thicker than what I use! :shock:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

is it bad to be attached to just one pick??

i'm not talking one style or thickness, but ONE pick in particular :shock: :D

i read once that picks should be treated as useless expendables, but it's ok to have a favorite, right? :twisted:

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Playing seriously for eight months or so. (I think)

Can hardly leave the house without buying guitar picks. Right now, sitting on my coffee table (which is where I practice, within arm's reach of the table) I've got a couple of big stubbies (used to have a "stubby", but think it may be the rattle in my acoustic, I was always dropping the damn thing) tortexs of all thinknesses, and a bunch of other random things. I use the big stubby almost always for the electric in general, or at least something thick. For the acoustic, it depends on how fast the strum, how "hard" I want to hit it, and, well, whichever one is in plain view from where I'm sitting.

Try everything, and throw what doesn't work away, I say.

best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@viper)
Eminent Member

Lately I'm using the small Dunlop's Jazz III. They are comfortable to my fingers and I like its sound.
Discovered them a month ago and fell in love with them. They're like 5 dollars for half a dozen though, which in my opinion is pretty steep for plastic.

Ibanez RG3EXFM1

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I like thin picks :D

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

i read once that picks should be treated as useless expendables, but it's ok to have a favorite, right? :twisted:
It's OK to still have your binkie, too.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

I use some Jim Dunlop small pick called: Jazz I, Jazz II and Jazz III

I don't play jazz, but I like those little pick, not too thin and easy to play with :)

I also use regular size pick, mostly 0,88 mm and 1 mm

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Lately I'm using the small Dunlop's Jazz III. They are comfortable to my fingers and I like its sound.
Discovered them a month ago and fell in love with them. They're like 5 dollars for half a dozen though, which in my opinion is pretty steep for plastic.
Perhaps they are more expensive than the others but they are more durable (durable?). I bought it and also a normal Tortex the same day. I've played a lot more with the Jazz III and it is like the first day. The Tortex has the edges "half-rounded".

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Use the one which you are most comfortable with. Afterall, the pick is not going to make music for you.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

For me it's been between the Dunlop Tortex .88mm pick and the Jazz III.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@redsoxrush2112)

iv had the same ONE pick for 6 months. its beaten up. cant read the label on it. scrached like crazy. but i love it. i ALWAYS have at least one pick in my pocket. right now i have 3 :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2