Clear all

Blues Request

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking for some simple blues songs to add to my arsenal. I can't really play fast stuff like srv and I love the blues, and I'm looking for some simple stuff to work up with. Thanks in advance.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

(@improvgtrplyr)
Estimable Member

if you can play 12 bar you can play along with a lot of SRV's stuff .have you played many John Lee Hooker songs? his suff is very simple at times. he'll play a whole song with one chord then end it with a V IV.

i think i mentioned this in another post but you can learn a lot playing with live albums

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Improv, I recently bought "Best of Blues" 2cd set at coconuts music for 10 bucks. 2 hours of music. I have dimples and boom boom by him on these cd's. Both of those, plus a lot of the songs on the cd are simple enough for me.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@improvgtrplyr)
Estimable Member

there's the open jams too...it's cool because you can hear and see them play songs like sweet home chicago, stormy monday, good golly miss molly, pride and joy...

the list go's on and on. you'll find that they're not too hard and mostly based on the 12 bar. you can even talk some players and ask what chords they use.

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Have you seen David Hodge's "Easy Songs For Beginners" series on "Blues Structure and Shuffle" from back in 2001? He did lessons on 12-bar blues with "Before You Accuse Me," "Roll Over Beethoven," and "Going To Kansas City." Shows a couple of different patterns for "the ol' I-IV-V thing," and other good stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

The Fender players club has a lot of blues stuff, Texas blues seems pretty good to me

ReplyQuote