"Can't Explain" chords?

13 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Any body got the chords for The Who's "Can't Explain"? :oops: Thanks in advance, Roach

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/w/who/i_cant_explain-crd.shtml

Google has 177,000 and is a lot quicker than waiting for a reply on a forum :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks; I tried ASK.com and got no hits :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Quel suprise :wink: All hail king Google! :)

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I just added "fretplay" to my favs. Now I'll be able to find anything. Tanks again, D'oh!

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I don't even bother bookmarking tab sites anymore - they've all got different selections along the fringes and most of them go up and down on a monthly basis as they duck and weave around the music industry lawyers :(

http://www.power-tab.net/ is the only exception as it requires registration and the tab is usually of a very high quality - plus it helps if you can hear if the tab is right or not before you learn it, especially on fast pieces that need quite a bit of practice to get up to speed. :D

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've added that to my favs too, but I'll check them out later. Been playing about 3 weeks now and know the C, D, E, and G chords and am just strumming and picking at them and practicing going from one to the other. Don't even know if I'm playing anything, but it sounds pretty good and is really motivating. Also know D7, but haven't found a use for it yet. Once in a while I'll throw in a bass line I learned many years ago just to change the pace a little, and to give pinky some exercise.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Been playing about 3 weeks now and know the C, D, E, and G chords and am just strumming and picking at them and practicing going from one to the other. Don't even know if I'm playing anything, but it sounds pretty good and is really motivating.
Nothing wrong with that! If you make the next chord you learn an A, and play a lot of D, G and A chords together (or an F which is harder, and play C, F and G chords) you'll find a lot of things jump out at you as songs you recognise. That's always good for motivation :)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I haven't had the time to do any tabs just lately, but hopefully this weekend I'll have finished decorating/painting till well into the new year....

Can't Explain is on my list of songs to do - along with Substitute and I Can See For Miles.....the Who are, IMHO, rather under-represented on this forum......

For now, if you try E D and A for the verses, (I think there's a B in there as well, haven't got a CD handy...) and E, C#m A and B for the chorus.....hmmm, you're going to have to learn some barre chords......

I usually play D C G and D F#m G and A for the chorus - suits my limited vocal range better....

But I suppose I could transpose it to any key.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Started playing the A; still training pinky. Been playing Em thinking it was the E. They don't sound much different, but I'm doing both so I don't get into any bad habits. Some seem a little harder than others, especially G+C, because my first finger tends to "roll over" and is using more side than tip. Hope it straightens up with practice. Looks like the "PowerTab" site wants you to download software to work! Don't know about that. :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

Looks like the "PowerTab" site wants you to download software to work! Don't know about that. :roll:

Fear not! PowerTab is perfectly safe, you'll find it linked dozens of times on these forums. It interprets the *.TAB files you get from the site, and plays them using MIDI so you can actually listen to the song as you learn it. :)

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Quote: Can't Explain is on my list of songs to do - along with Substitute and I Can See For Miles.....the Who are, IMHO, rather under-represented on this forum......

Can't find anything by SWEET here either. Can't wait until I can do "Ballroom Blitz" and "Love Is Like Oxygen." They both sound pretty simple. :D

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Found Ballroom Blitz http://www.guitaretab.com/s/sweet/18812.html looks easy enough, gotta try it. Being that I just started, I'm still limited to the top 5 frets. Can I use a Capo to play something like this and what fret would I put it on?

ReplyQuote