Skip to content
Clapton's Wonderful...

Notifications
Clear all

Clapton's Wonderful Tonight Solo HELP!!!

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@fishrmann)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'm really feeling stupid here......... everyone says this is SOOOOOOOO easy, but I'm just really missing it....... :shock:

Pls look at this link, the solo guitar part:

http://riff-o-matic.com/riff-a-day/wonderful_tonight/index.htm

Ok, so ya, it starts 10th fret B string..... The way this is marked, I guess I dont understand....... I get that there's a bend, but it sounds as though a note is getting hit a couple more times, is it hitting up on the 8th fret (kinda of grayed out) twice then going back to the 10th fret all while holding that full bend? Is that bend supposed to be going up or down? From the video it appears it's being bent down (towards low e) but when I try it it that just sounds wrong.

Any help would be appreciated! I've tried this solo in many different forms but obviously just do not know how/where to properly get the bends in....... it's been driving me crazy for a week now!!

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

you bend up a whole step from the 10th fret until it sounds like the note at the 12th fret(Thats a whole step bend. Then while your holding that string bring the bend back to the 10th fret so you hear that pitch and then pull off to the note on th 8th fret. You only pick that one time when you bend up.

Hope you can understand that, but if you listen to the record you'll start to hear your bend matching the record then just copy what you hear.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@fishrmann)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks! I'll give it a try - was bending the wrong way, down to the 8th fret instead of going the other direction to the 12th!!!

ReplyQuote
(@fishrmann)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

CNEV, just wanted to add a special thanks for assisting me in the right direction on this one......... it's my first lead part, got it down pretty well at this point and it sounds really good!!!! Thanks again!

ReplyQuote