Notifications
Clear all

Easy Barre chord song - Creep by Radiohead

25 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL Arjen, I've never thought of B7 as an open chord, I usually think of it as "***************"

I REALLY HATE THAT CHORD!

224445.....no that's not a phone number for a naughty chat line, that's the only way I can play it.....

and don't even get me started on C7 open.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jock-strummer)

Hey Matt guitar......cool link for the animated version of Creep. Better than the original video by Radiohead!! Excellent song to practice those pesky barres though my neighbours will be complaining when I try and reach those high sustained notes Thom Yorke does near the end........BTW was that actually Radiohead performing the acoustic version? Is that on CD?

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i've tried to learn this song as it's one of my favorites. it's not such an easy song, imho. you have to know the barre chord, have to be able to change between them while picking.

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

Each major chord X is followed by Xsus4 in the acoustic version, I think, which is a bugger to finger.

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i don't think creep is such as easy song to play. i've tried to play it in the past and gave up. maybe i could play it now. i don't think it's a song to learn barre chords on. i think you already have to be able to play them to play this song.

there's a fairly high level of skill with barre chards needed to play this song. first you have to be able to play the chord, then you have to be able to hold the barre chord and slide a couple of frets up, and you have to be able to pick out individual notes in a way to sound smooth while you're sliding up the fretboard. (I was playing this as a picked pattern not strumming it.)

to me this is a song that would take a beginner months of practice to sound smooth.

ooops. i see that i've already replied to this post above while back! well creep is still hard to me!

ReplyQuote
 Oric
(@oric)
Estimable Member

Could someone tell me the strumming pattern using like, rhythm and stuff? The D dududududuuuddudu just confuses me... just say "quarter note eighth eighth eighth eighth eighth eighth" or "syncopated eight quarter eighth". That makes sense to my music readin' mind.

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

4 8. 16 8 8. 16 8 8. 16 8 4 8 16 16 16 16

The periods mean dotted notes. The first quarter note is the bass note. All other notes are strummed on the lower four strings. The 3 bold notes are for the sus4 chord that follows each major chord. For the minor chord the rhythm is

4 8. 16 8 8. 16 8 1

It's a lot easier to listen to the recording...

~Sam

ReplyQuote
 Oric
(@oric)
Estimable Member

No, that makes perfect sense for me. I can pick out a strumming pattern in the recording, but sheet music is easiest for me, that's what I started on.

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

A couple people have said they don't think the song is easy and someone said all major chords are followed by sus4 chords. While that is true, the version posted here is an easy version. First you have to know how to play barre chords and this song and the version posted here is a great way to practice, cause all your really doing is using the same barre shape and moving it up twice and then if you remove your pinky in the last barre you have another barre shape and it still sounds pretty good.
If you have a friend to play with, it'd be cool if one person the picked last four of the barre while another strums. this is what I would try and will with a friend, this type of pattern:

e|----------------------------------------|
B|----------------------------------------|
G|------------4------------------8--------|
D|------5-------5---5------9-------9---9--|
A|----5---5-------5------9---9-------9----|
E|--3------------------7------------------|

ReplyQuote
(@bobrobski)

nice one stan. nailed that straight away. great song to play along with. boost to the playing confidence. cheers.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2