Clear all

Easy Bass Songs?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Anyone with any suggestions for easy bass songs? something like Money which I'm learning here. by that I mean something easy and instantly recognizable.

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

All easy, all recognizable bass lines:

Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
Oye Como Va - Santana
Green Onions - Booker T & the MGs
Guns of Brixton - The Clash
Low Rider - War

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum. I think it's in here somewhere.....lovely descending bass riff, very easy song to play along to.

Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh. Although the song's in open E, the bass-line's virtually all root notes - and Albatross - Fleetwood Mac - has a very similar bassline, believe it or not! Also Roadhouse Blues by the Doors - only real difference between them all is tempo......

A couple of bass lines that aren't too hard but will get your fingers tapping? La Bamba and Twist and Shout are quite similar - and try following the lead guitar on the Beatles version of Money, makes a great bassline!

Laz posted a nice bassline for "Walk On The Wild Side" somewhere - I only read it once, but it was soooooooooo easy I never had to refer back to it........

Those are just a few suggestions - I like to put the WM playlist on shuffle and play along, for me that's been a great learning tool.......

I think my fave on that particular list has to be "Dirty Boulevard" by Lou Reed......there are some quirky little riffs, and the tming's all over the place - you really have to concentrate to play along with that!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@globetro)
Estimable Member

Aren't they all easy? Haha, I kid, I kid.

I'd imagine most of the Nirvana songs are pretty easy... not sure how recognizable the bass parts are though.

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Easy, Easy, is the bass line to "Down on the Corner" by CCR......

Check the ESD index :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

'd imagine most of the Nirvana songs are pretty easy... not sure how recognizable the bass parts are though.
Nope. They're not Primus, but they're not basic either :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member

I'm coming home (Ten Years After)

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

im glad someone resurrected this thread. thanks for the suggestions. i bought a Beatles 1967-1970 bass book. looks like there's plenty here thats pretty easy with some moderately difficult songs. Back in the USSA and Get Back look pretty easy. Come Together looks a little harder. Most of it looks pretty do-able with a little practice.

better get going on it!

ReplyQuote