Clear all

[Sticky] ESD - Requests

429 Posts
175 Users
0 Likes
19.2 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I wonder if anyone can help me with the classic "Drivers seat" by Sniff N the Tears . I was noodling with the guitar mixing up bm, a major and G major and it sounded a bit like this song. This link shows them performing it, not sure if the acoustic is capoed. It seems its a couple of parts played over and over, I just cant get the exact places the changes are coming. Any help please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uloy4LmhVQ&feature=related

I just looked at the video.....looks as if the chords you picked are correct. It looks as though the acoustic's capoed at the 2nd fret, and he's playing:

Bm....x 0 2 2 1 0....relative to the capo, ie he's playing an Am shape.
Am....5 7 7 5 5 5....as a normal barre chord, so the capo doesn't come into it.
G......3 5 5 4 3 3....again, as a barre, so the capo's irrelevant.

As for the changes - try listening to the music and watching the singer. He doesn't use the G chord much - just as a link to get back to the Bm, seems it's only one beat.

Thanks for the link, Jase - haven't heard this in a while!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jase36)
Reputable Member

Thanks Vic thats sorted out what the capo was doing. I was playing both A and G open so Ill throw the barres in and see how it goes.

Just as a side note Vic I was actually working on Far Far Away by Slade (a long time project) when this little beauty started going round my head.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

MarktheChuck is also requesting She is Love by Oasis.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@jase36)
Reputable Member

She is Love

Sorry Mark I cant help with a strum pattern. From my limited knowledge is seems like a mix of 8 and 16 notes

You have to tune both E strings so they are D. So your tuned to D A D G B D The chords are

G5 AM11 F6 Cadd
0 0 0 0
1 1 1 1
0 0 2 0
0 2 3 2
x 0 x 3
3 x 3 x

The intro is G5 AM11 F6 Cadd9 G5 Am11 F6

The verse and chorus follow the same pattern as below over and over
cadd9 G5 AM11
oh when the sunshine beckons to ya
F5 CADD9
and your wings begin to un fold

The bridge is G5 AM11 F6 Cadd9 G5 Am11 F6 Cadd 9(this starts the second verse)

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

ReplyQuote
(@gratefuldave54)

Could someone please post some Frankie Miller.I'm looking for 'Drunken Nights in the City' or maybe 'How Come' from the late great Ronnie Lane.Regards-Dave

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Anyone?

I heard this on the Jazz Radio the other day and I know I this song has to be simple. Does anyone know it?

Thanks.....;)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Anyone?

I heard this on the Jazz Radio the other day and I know I this song has to be simple. Does anyone know it?

Thanks.....;)

One of David's detailed lessons......Moondance

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member

Watched the "Commitments" last night and loved this song, Can anyone help? :D

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member

Any know the tab for this song? i think it's in power chords.

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Any know the tab for this song? i think it's in power chords.

Found this just by puting the song title into Google

http://www.azchords.com/n/nickelback-tabs-2762/saturdaynightsallrightforfighting-tabs-28524.html

Tons of other Nickelback tabs out there, too.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

Can somebody provide a suggested strum for "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits? (Preferably in D, as that's the key I've been playing it in.)

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

On the original recording (and it's been a while since I've listened to it, so apologies if I'm remembering it wrong), the rhythm guitar of Walk of Life is done in the classic rock shuffle, which is like the blues shuffle but only in straight eighth notes. Do you want a version of that or something more along the lines of a single acoustic guitar pattern?

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

In a note that was deleted from the ESD page, Geoff H makes a request for Three Wheels On My Wagon by the Christie Minstrels and includes the following note:
Hi,

Can anybody help with this one. My kids love singing along.

Regards

Geoff

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

On the original recording (and it's been a while since I've listened to it, so apologies if I'm remembering it wrong), the rhythm guitar of Walk of Life is done in the classic rock shuffle, which is like the blues shuffle but only in straight eighth notes. Do you want a version of that or something more along the lines of a single acoustic guitar pattern?

Peace

Something which would suit a single acoustic would be nice. I am pretty much stuck with that when I'm kickin' around at home.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@rr191)
Trusted Member

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post some playing notes (strum, timing, etc.) for Bob Dylan's Lay Lady Lay. As a beginner I still have trouble translating tabs into an actual song -- too much is missing and I don't have the experience yet to fill in the blanks.

ReplyQuote
Page 20 / 29